Being a firefighter is an extremely popular and rewarding career. There are so many great things we can say about working for Avon Fire & Rescue Service, but here are some of the best parts of being a firefighter:
- The satisfaction of knowing that every day you come to work you are genuinely making a difference to people’s lives.
- A starting salary of £22,000 as a trainee, rising to £29,000 once you are a fully qualified firefighter (usually after about two years).
- The opportunity to learn, progress and be promoted in your career.
- A job with huge variety – one minute you might be carrying out a Home Fire Safety Visit or giving a presentation in a school, the next minute you could be helping someone at a road traffic collision or taking part in a water rescue.
- The chance to test yourself and reach the potential you never knew you had.
- Access to benefits such including a pension scheme, station gyms and discounts at many high street shops and services.
This opportunity really doesn't come around too often so please don't miss your chance to do something extraordinary.